Need the basics on SFUSD enrollment? Here are top five bits of advice from the experts at PPS-SF.
1. Apply on time. Submit your application, in person, on or before the SFUSD January deadline. Submitting early does not help, but submitting late will hurt your chances.
2. List as many schools as you can. List as many schools as you feel comfortable with. There is no limit. Listing more options will increase your odds of receiving a school on your list.
3. List the schools in the order that you truly prefer. The system is designed to try to give you the highest choice possible on your list.
4. Register at your assigned school by the deadline. Register your child at your offered school by the deadline. You will lose your space if you do not register. Registering may help your odds in future rounds.
5. Relax! We are here to help! Register to attend a free PPS-SF workshop for more information.