posted Nov 3, 2015, 10:47 AM by Robin Dutton-Cookston
updated Nov 3, 2015, 10:58 AM
SFUSD parent-teacher conferences on are on the horizon. Here are a few reminders to make the most out of your time with your child's teacher.
- Talk to your child before the conference. Learn more about her concerns or joys.
- Bring a list of questions. Prepare ahead of time based on your knowledge of your child's strengths and challenges.
- Ask to see data: test scores, attendance records, other measures of progress.
- Talk to the teacher about your child from your perspective. What are his skills, interests, and needs?
- Ask what actions you can do at home that will support your child during his or her school day.
- Ask about your child's social life at school.
- Find out about support services at the school, beyond the classroom, that can help your child.
- Make a plan to follow up, if needed.