posted Sep 14, 2015, 10:06 AM by Robin Dutton-Cookston
updated Dec 13, 2015, 2:55 PM
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to serve as a contributor to the PPS-SF Newsroom Parent Corner! We seek articles and opinion pieces on San Francisco public school experiences from parents, grandparents, and guardians of children in all grades from all schools.
We seek articles about:
- Something you like or appreciate about your San Francisco public school, the more specific the better.
- A way that you volunteer or make a difference in your child's school.
- A problem that you have faced as a public school parent and how you have worked to address that problem.
- An issue that you have passionate feelings about. Examples: school lunch nutrition, safe routes to school, STEM education, college preparedness, public school funding, curriculum and testing, etc.
- Your advice and/or ideas that may be helpful to other public school parents.
Parent Corner submission guidelines:
- Submission deadlines are ongoing. You can contact us with your article at any time.
- Please keep articles to a maximum of 750 words. Shorter often tends to be better.
- Please proofread your article. Send us only your best, most polished work. PPS-SF reserves the right to edit copy for length, grammar, spelling, and punctuation, while adhering to the spirit and intention of the author.
- Include a short, 1-3 sentence bio with your submission that shares your public school connection. You are welcome to include a link to a personal blog or website.
- Photos or images are welcome, provided you have full permission of the subject. We do not include identifying information under photos of children.
- You are welcome to express a political opinion about an issue that impacts our schools. However, we cannot promote the endorsement of a candidate for political office on any of our print or web collateral.
- We encourage Parent Corner submissions in languages other than English.
- The editorial team of the PPS-SF Newsroom has final decision-making authority to accept or deny any article for publication.
- The editorial team of the PPS-SF Newsroom reserves the right to remove or edit submissions at any time. Contributors will retain all ownership of PPS-SF Newsroom Parent Corner articles and are welcome to republish on other media outlets.
In appreciation of your contribution to the Newsroom Parent Corner, PPS-SF will give the author full byline credit, including links to any personal websites or blogs. PPS-SF will also share your article via social media outlets, the weekly PPS-SF e-newsletter (reaching over 6,000 parents), the PPS-SF email listserv, and other PPS-SF platforms as appropriate.
Please email initial submissions, copied and pasted into the body of an email, to email@example.com with the words "Newsroom Parent Corner" in the subject line. If selected for inclusion in the Parent Corner, an editor will be in touch regarding the publication date and follow up materials.