posted Nov 15, 2016, 4:13 PM by Miranda Martin
Two meetings this week for the SFUSD Board of Education. Tuesday night is a regular Board of Education meeting, and Thursday the Augmented Ad Hoc Committee on Personnel Matters/Labor Relations meets. Click the links to see agendas for these meetings.
- Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday November 15 @ 6PM in the Board Room
- The board will hear a report from the the Parent Advisory Council
- Votes will be taken on updates/additions to quite a few Board Policies to comply with Special Education Local Plan Area requirements. You can see a list of all of the policies starting at page 25 of the agenda. They include policies on student/family privacy rights, administering medication, class assignment and education for homeless and foster youth.
- The board will also vote to approve a Board Policy on debt issuance as required by a new state law for local agencies that offer debt (like selling school bonds to raise funds)
- The board will hear an over view on district level accountability data. This should include updates to the the data found in the School Quality Improvement Index, including possibly some new measures (like social/emotional data).
- There will also be a discussion of SFUSD's eligibility for funds from California's College Readiness Block Grant
- Augmented Ad Hoc Committee on Personnel Matters/Labor Relations: Thursday November 17 @ 6:00PM in the Board Room
- This committee is made up of Commissioners Shamann Walton (chair), Sandra Lee Fewer and Hydra Mendoza-McDonnell. All the other commissioners are invited to attend and participate - but not vote on recommendations.
- Topics to be discussed include:
- Substitute Staffing
- Classified Civil Service Report to Commission on Civil Service
- Superintendent of Schools Search
- You can access podcasts of regular and committee meetings. Recordings are usually posted a few days after the meeting. Regular board meetings are broadcast on KALW, SFGOVTV2, and via live webcast.
- There is always an opportunity for public comment on the items discussed at the committee meeting or topics that fall under the purview of this committee. Usually it is not necessary to sign up in advance - speakers will be called to the podium when the chair determines it is time for public comment.