posted Oct 25, 2016, 3:07 PM by Miranda Martin
updated Oct 26, 2016, 9:13 AM
Three meetings this week for the SFUSD Board of Education. Tuesday night is a regular Board of Education meeting, Wednesday the Rules, Policy and Legislation Committee meets and Thursday evening is the Ad Hoc Committee on Personnel Matters/Labor Relations. Click the links to see agendas for these meetings.
- Rules, Policy and Legislation Committee: Wednesday October 26 @ 6:30PM in the Board Room
- This committee is made up of Commissioners Jill Wynns (chair), Emily Murase and Sandra Lee Fewer. All the other commissioners are invited to attend and participate - but not vote on recommendations.
- Topics to be discussed include:
- Legislative Overview - Consideration and Action of District Positions on
Selected Legislative Proposals
- Adoption of Board Policies 1400, 5022, 5125, 5141.21, 5146, 6142.91,
6152, 6173, 6173.1, 6190
- Adoption of Board Policy 3435
Debt Issuance and Management
- Ad Hoc Committee on Personnel Matters/Labor Relations: Thursday October 27 @ 6PM in the Board Room
- Committee members are Commissioners Shamann Walton (chair), Sandra Lee Fewer, and Hydra Mendoza-McDonnell. All the other commissioners are invited to attend and participate - but not vote on recommendations.
- Topic to be discussed include:
- School Year 2016-2017 Teacher Hiring and Retention Report
- School Year 2017–2018 Teacher Recruitment and Retention
- Superintendent of Schools Search
- There is always an opportunity for public comment on the items discussed at the committee meeting or topics that fall under the purview of this committee. Usually it is not necessary to sign up in advance - speakers will be called to the podium when the chair determines it is time for public comment.