posted Jan 31, 2016, 9:03 AM by Miranda Martin
Interested in following along with our live tweets at the Board of Education meeting? You can check out the full agenda here to see what is on tap for the January 26th meeting.
- The Indian Education Parent Advisory Council will give a report to the Board of Education
- The Board will vote on resolutions to renew the charters of three Five Keys Charter Schools
- These charters were founded by the SF Sheriff's Department and serve students who have not succeeded in the traditional system: primarily incarcerated or formerly incarcerated students.
- Based at community sites - not district buildings
- When considered at the Curriculum and Budget Committee meetings, these renewal petitions received overwhelmingly positive recommendations from Board members in attendance
- The Board will vote on adopting an updated policy to make sure records and documents are maintained appropriately
- would require consultation "with district legal counsel, site administrators,
district information technology staff, personnel department staff, and others as necessary to
develop a secure document management system that provides for the storage, retrieval,
archiving, and destruction of district documents, including electronically stored information such
- The Board will vote on adopting a Bylaw detailing requirements for keeping and maintaining board minutes
- minutes include actions taken by the Board and votes of individual board members
- minutes record names of those giving public comment and topic spoken on
- the district may destroy recordings of public meetings after 30 days, but if not destroyed the public may request and review the recording on district equipment free of charge
- There is a request to suspend the rules to take immediate on a proposal to prohibit the sale of tobacco products including e-cigarettes to anyone under the age of 21:
- Adoption of this resolution would add SFUSD as an official supporter of proposed legislation (Ordinance #: 151179) from San Francisco Supervisors Scott Wiener, Malia
Cohen and Eric Mar, which states that the sale or distribution by an Establishment of any
tobacco product to a Person aged 18, 19, or 20, is prohibited -- effectively raise the legal age to buy tobacco and e-cigarettes in San Francisco
- SFUSD would commit to providing information students about the dangers of cigarettes and e-cigarettes.
- Board Members will report on information discussed and actions taken at recent committee meetings