posted Mar 22, 2016, 3:14 PM by Miranda Martin
updated Mar 22, 2016, 3:14 PM
You can check out the full agenda here to see what is on tap for the January 26th meeting.
- The Bilingual Community Council and District English Learner Advisory Committee will present reports
- The Board will hear public comment and vote on resolutions to:
- Update six board policies (short summaries of these updates are included in the agenda for those who are curious)
- Approve the 2016-17 PEEF Expenditure Plan
- Renew the charter for City Arts and Technology High School
- Two special action items will be discussed
- One involving leveling of a special tax (Mello-Roos)
- One brought by members of the public to extend the personal believes exemption from Senate Bill 277 (requiring vaccination) until July 1, 2018
- The Board will vote to suspend the rules and take immediate action on a resolution supporting the proposed San Francisco ordinance preventing school year educator evictions
- This city ordinance was introduced in February and won unanimous approval at a committee meeting yesterday
- The ordinance would prevent no-fault evictions during the school year for workers in schools and childcare centers and families with children.
- Here, here and here are articles about this ordinance.
- Board Members will report on information discussed and actions taken at recent committee meetings