posted Jan 24, 2017, 3:29 PM by Miranda Martin
- Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday January 24 @ 6PM in the Board Room: Meeting Agenda
- The board will hear a report from the the Indian Education Program Parent Advisory Committee
- The board will vote to adopt the Instructional Calendar for the 2017-18 school year
- One resolution - a charter renewal petition for Leadership High will be introduced and assigned for discussion at committee.
- The Board will be asked to take immediate action on a resolution to rescind policies excluding students of Asian ancestry from SFUSD. A policy passed by the SFUSD school board in 1906 endorsed segregation of students of Japanese, Chinese and Korean decent to the "Oriental" school. This 1906 policy has never been fully rescinded. The proposed action would rescind the 1906 policy and seeks to commemorate the district's progress from exclusion to diversity and inclusion. The proposed resolution also would challenge schools to increase the percentage of Asian-American instructional resources in libraries and promote professional development for teachers and staff on Asian-American history, recommended readings, student needs and community concerns.
- There will be an opportunity for general public comment. Those who wish to speak should fill out a speaker card at the start of the meeting. Speaker cards can be found on the table in the entryway to the boardroom and turned in to Executive Assistant Esther Casco who sits near the podium.
- The meeting is open to the public and you can also tune into the meeting live on KALW, via webcast, or on SFGOV TV 2. You can also view video of past meetings or access podcasts of regular and committee meetings. Recordings are usually posted a few days after the meeting.
- Board of Education Augmented Ad Hoc Committee Meeting on Personnel/ Labor Matters/Affordability: Thursday January 26 @ 6PM in the Board Room: Meeting Agenda
- The Committee will hear updates on investment in the certificated staff recruitment plan. Certificated staff include teachers or other staff with special credentials in their field, such as Nurses, Social Workers, or Speech Therapists.
- An update will be given on the superintendent search