posted Sep 13, 2016, 4:33 PM by Miranda Martin
updated Sep 13, 2016, 4:34 PM
You can check out the full agenda here to see what is on tap for the September 13 meeting.The meeting is open to the public and you can also tune into the meeting live on KALW, via webcast, or on SFGOV TV 2. You can also view video of past meetings or access podcasts of regular and committee meetings. Recordings are usually posted a few days after the meeting.
- The Parent Advisory Council will report to the Board
- The Board will hear public comment and vote on the Interim Superintendent's proposed resolution updating Board policies on charter school authorization and charter renewal.
- The Board will hold a hearing and vote to approve a tentative agreement between SFUSD and SEIU (service employees union)
- The Board will vote to allow SFUSD to borrow funds. This is related to the proposed $80 million school bond issue.
- Appointments will be made to the Child Care Planning and Advisory Council (CPAC)
- Four resolutions will be introduced for first reading and assigned to committees for further discussion (full text of each attached to the agenda):
- Board Policy on Firearms
- would align district policy to current state law
- would allow nobody except certain categories of public safety personnel to carry a firearm on school grounds -- no exceptions.
- Resolution in support of Prop 57: Public Safety and Rehabilitation Act
- Resolution in support of Prop 56: Tobacco Tax act of 2016
- Resolution in support of Prop N: Non-citizen voting in school board elections