posted Jan 10, 2017, 2:40 PM by Miranda Martin
- Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday January 10 @ 6PM in the Board Room
- The board will hear a report from the the Parent Advisory Council
- There will be discussion of the SFUSD Pathway to Teaching: a new district run teacher credentialing program
- Three resolutions will be introduced and assigned for discussion at committee. These include two proposals from the superintendent; one outlining SFUSD's policies on protecting the rights of undocumented students and one approving details of a work experience plan for students in SFUSD. One proposal titled "Undocumented, Unafraid and United Students Resolution" comes from Commissioners Haney, Walton, and Student Delegates Zaragoza and Eng and aims to guarantee equitable access to education for all students regardless of immigration status.
- There will be an opportunity for general public comment. Those who wish to speak should fill out a speaker card at the start of the meeting. Speaker cards can be found on the table in the entryway to the boardroom and turned in to Executive Assistant Esther Casco who sits near the podium.
- The meeting is open to the public and you can also tune into the meeting live on KALW, via webcast, or on SFGOV TV 2. You can also view video of past meetings or access podcasts of regular and committee meetings. Recordings are usually posted a few days after the meeting.