posted Sep 19, 2016, 12:01 PM by Miranda Martin
Another big week of meeting for the SFUSD Board of Education. Monday the Rules, Policy and Legislation Committee and the Building and Grounds Committee will meet, back to back. Wednesday the Ad Hoc Committee on Student Assignment will meet for the first time this year. Click the links to see agendas for these meetings.
- Rules, Policy and Legislation Committee: Monday September 19 @ 4:30PM in the Board Room
- This committee is made up of Commissioners Jill Wynns (chair), Emily Murase and Sandra Lee Fewer. All the other commissioners are invited to attend and participate - but not vote on recommendations.
- Topic to be discussed include:
- Legislative Overview - Consideration and Action of District Positions on Selected Legislative Proposals
- 168-9Sp1 – Adoption of Board Policy 1230 Community Relations: School-Connected Organizations
- 168-23Sp1 – Resolution to Adopt a Conflict of Interest Code
- 168-23Sp2 – Adoption of Board Bylaw 9270 and Board Policies 4136, 4236, 4336 169-13Sp1
- Board Policy 3515.7: Firearms
- Buildings, Grounds and Services Committee:Monday September 19 @ 6PM in the Board Room
- Committee members are Commissioners Rachel Norton (chair), Hydra Mendoza-McDonnell, and Shamann Walton. All the other commissioners are invited to attend and participate - but not vote on recommendations.
- Topics to be discussed include:
- Ad Hoc Committee on Student Assignment: Wednesday September 21 @ 6PM in the Board Room
- Committee members are Commissioners Emily Murase (chair), Matt Haney, and Shamann Walton.
- Topic to be discussed is: Analysis of options explored from the 2009 student assignment re-design process
- Stanford researchers who helped re-design the assignment process in 2009 will present an analysis conducted on the different models that were considered during the re-design.
- There is always an opportunity for public comment on the items discussed at the committee meeting or topics that fall under the purview of this committee. Usually it is not necessary to sign up in advance - speakers will be called to the podium when the chair determines it is time for public comment.